Mortgage Loan Processor
|February 01, 2013 - April 12, 2013|
|Salary Range:||$15.03 to $16.50 per hour based on experience|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||To assist members with their loan applications; process and make loan disbursements. Interview mortgage applicants and provide instruction on required documentation.|
This position is located at:
480 South Keller Road
Orlando, FL 32810
|Duties:||35% - Processes residential loan application files to verify that application data is complete and meets credit union standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, credit rating, and employment information; recommends that loans not meeting standards be denied.|
10% - Interview mortgage loan applicants and provided instruction on required documents.
10% - Types loan application forms; submits mortgage loan application files for underwriting approval.
10% - Enters loan information into various mortgage related systems.
5% - Calls specified companies to obtain title commitment, survey, and appraisal; informs supervisor of discrepancies in title or survey.
5% - Maintains reports on status of loans, including but not limited to number of new applications and loans approved, canceled, or denied.
5% - Audits loan files after closing for accuracy.
5% - Prepares closing packages, reviews closing documents and settlement statements, and disburses loan files.
5% - Reviews interest rate and points, locks loan with secondary marketing. Communicates information to applicants.
10% - Performs other job related duties as assigned.
1. Must comply with all credit union departmental and company internal controls, code of ethics and Employee Handbook policies and procedures.
2. Responsible for compliance with BSA, AML, OFAC, and CIP as set forth in credit union policy.
3. To provide and ensure that the Credit Union Service Standards are met on a consistent basis.
4. To produce loan documents, reports, and new accounts in a timely fashion, with zero errors.
5. To prepare files for underwriting within 10 days of receipt.
6. Ensure files are clear to close within 20 days of application.
7. To maintain working knowledge of all mortgage products and rates, both within the Credit Union and from the industry as a whole.
8. As staffing needs dictate, may specialize in a particular loan program or procedure, such as Second Mortgages, Government (FHA/VA) Loans, Processing and Tracking Workout Loans, Maintaining Loan Vault, Assisting with Loan Sales, Tracking Final Documents, Preparing and Tracking Satisfactions of Mortgage, or other duties required to maintain the smooth operation of the mortgage department.
9. Must have solid organizational skills and be able to multi task.
10. Return all member inquires by end of business day.
11. To carry out assigned responsibilities with zero errors as it related to member/non member interaction.
12. To make Member Financial Services referrals.
13. Employee should have full knowledge of credit union products.
14. To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
|Qualifications:||Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience.|
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Must have good communication skills. Ten key calculator, typewriter and keyboard skills. Experience with Harland E3 systems preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.